Business Development Manager – South
Flexenergy – Business Development Manager
Established in 2000, Flexenergy supply distribution pipework used in heating, hot and chilled water systems across a wide variety of applications & technologies such as heat pumps, biomass, CHP & district heating. Flexenergy has an excellent reputation as a UK stockist for leading pre-insulated pipe systems, with products sold across the UK since 1982.
Great Things About the Business
- We offer high quality, high-performance technical products and are confident that we provide the best products in the market.
- Government policies promote District Heating, and our pipework is integral to this market. There is, therefore, strong growth in demand.
- We are at the forefront of sales into the growing Heat Pump sector and the renewables market.
- We pride ourselves on holding more stock than our competitors to respond quickly to customer demands.
- It is a dynamic and friendly working environment. Everyone is passionate about our products and committed to the growth of the business.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Sandy Fairley – Sales Director
Management: There will be area management responsibilities in this role.
Area: Midlands and the South
Travel: There will be the need to travel throughout the area to meet clients and visit projects. There will also be occasional travel to head office in Scotland
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join an exciting, growing business with high-quality technical products. Primarily focused on developing sales, specification and new business, the role will also take responsibility for managing the needs of existing clients in the region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service existing accounts and obtain orders and specifications.
- Establishes new accounts
- Planning and organising a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related sales results as needed.
- Meet or exceed sales goals set.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as monthly reports, quarterly reviews, and annual analyses.
- Develop relationships with customers, responding to their questions efficiently and courteously.
- Provide a high level of customer service to ensure clients’ complete satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintain accurate records of opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company databases.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Recommend product, service, and policy changes by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Experience in specification sales within the construction/energy industry.
- A technical/engineering background to understand the product’s technical features, benefits and applications.
- A proven track record of developing successful new business.
- A proven ability to achieve and exceed targets.
- Value honesty and integrity in everything they do.
- Good commercial and negotiating skills.
- Good verbal/written communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Willing to contribute to the overall business development and working practices.
- Ability to work to company policies and procedures and work constructively with colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills
- A full UK driving licence.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
You will benefit from
- Working within a well-established business
- On the job training
- Excellent salary [Negotiable]
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Twenty-five days holiday + bank holidays.
- Access to pension scheme
To apply, please send a full CV to email@example.com
No Agencies, please.