Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Sandy Fairley – Sales Director
Management: There will be no management responsibilities with this role.
Area: Midlands and the South East
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join an exciting, growing business with high quality technical products.
Primarily focused on developing sales, specification and new business but will also take responsibility for managing the needs of existing clients in the region.
The initial goal is to ensure that Consulting Engineers and Local Authorities are aware of the technical features and benefits of the products and convinced to specify our pipework into the design of a particular project.
The end client is key to the decision making process, and when at tender stageit is vital to ensure that relationships are built with the main contractors who are likely to win the job as they will in turn have influence over the Mechanical Subcontractors bidding for the relevant package of works.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maximise revenue from the region.
- Identifying target accounts and build strong relationships
- Development of a key accounts plan, competitive positioning and strategy to increase market share, forecasts and brief out significant developments.
- Ensuring the pipeline is filled with opportunities at various stages of the sales cycle.
- Regularly reviewing forecasts, pipeline and sales strategies with management.
- Highlighting sales opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure these opportunities are appropriately targeted.
- Managing the quotation and contract review process for your area.
- Ensuring that customer requirements are clearly defined and met.
- Planning and executing on marketing initiatives together with marketing for promotions and advertising.
- The right person should have experience of specification sales within the construction industry.
- A technical/engineering background will be important for this person to understand the technical features, benefits and applications of the product.
- They must have a proven track record of successfully developing new business.
- A full UK driving licence.
Basic Salary: Negotiable
Car: Company Car or Car Allowance
Bonus: Candidates to present at interview on how they would like to structure KPI’s and a bonus scheme.
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays. They normally shut down for a fortnight over Christmas and expect staff to take these days from their holiday allowance.
Full Job Description – Download Here
To apply for the position please email us your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back in touch after reviewing you submission.